- 31 Dez.Vector 2021 Annual Review
- 15 Okt.Q3 Review
- 17 Aug.Chinese crackdowns
- 22 JuliVector 2021 Semi-Annual Review
- 25 JuniWhy we still like value
- 25 Mai'Transitory' Inflation
- 22 Apr.Reversal to the mean?
- 17 MärzVector's take on sustainable finance
- 09 MärzSustainability-related disclosures in the financial services sector (SFDR)
- 19 Feb.David versus Goliath: An analysis of 2020 stock market performance
- 30 Dez.Vector 2020 Annual Review
- 20 Nov.Factor momentum
- 20 Okt.How will the US elections influence your portfolio?
- 25 Sept.Are better times for quant investing on the horizon?
- 26 Aug.Fama/French going through its biggest drawdown since 1963
- 17 JuliVector 2020 Semi-Annual Review
- 25 JuniA Look At Post-Corona Market Valuations
- 25 MaiUnprecedented times call for unprecedented measures...
- 23 Apr.Vector's outlook on the Corona Crisis
- 13 MärzMarket correction: sense or sentiment?
- 17 Feb.The market and sector concentration
- 14 Jan.Notice to shareholders
- 31 Dez.Vector 2019 Annual Review
- 17 Dez.Fama/French going through its second biggest drawdown since 1963
- 15 Nov.The Alpha Lifecycle
- 16 Okt.Vector 2019 Q3 Review
- 10 Sept.A new prospectus
- 14 Aug.Market Review: July
- 10 JuliVector 2019 Semi-annual Review
- 14 JuniAre factor premia disappearing?
- 21 MaiHow persistent is regional outperformance?
- 12 Apr.Market recovery: sense or sentiment?
- 12 MärzMarkets solidify recovery
- 12 Feb.Stock Markets Rebound
- 31 Dez.Vector 2018 Annual Review
- 14 Dez.2019 (outrageous) predictions!
- 20 Aug.Temperatures and stock markets heat up
- 18 JuliVector 2018 Semi-annual Review
- 14 JuniDo exporters suffer during trade wars?
- 15 MaiStrong earnings put markets on the road to recovery
- 17 Apr.Q1 Overview
- 13 MärzStock Markets: Episode VI: The return of volatility
- 02 MärzVector wins Morningstar Germany and Belgium Awards!
- 22 Feb.Vector Flexible wins De Tijd/L'Echo Awards for the third year in a row!
- 16 Feb.Navigator wins Morningstar France Award!
31 Aug. 2017
While the stock market was off to a great start in 2017, showing gains of about 5.4% during the first quarter, prices have been slowly trending downwards ever since. The recent North-Korea related tensions and terrorist attacks in Spain did little to help investor sentiment. Consequently, August marked the fifth consecutive month of losses for a Euro-denominated MSCI All Countries index. Ever since reaching its top in March, this commonly used benchmark has lost more than 3% of its value. Admittedly, few people have lost a fortune, and the losses are driven to a greater extent by currency effects rather than by stock-price effects. After all, macroeconomic data isn’t looking too bad: GDP growth in Europe and Japan has been considerably higher than expected.
Vector Navigator has been outperforming during both the up and downswings this year, as illustrated in the below graph. Year-to-date our 100% equity fund has achieved a return of 6.8%, which compares well to the MSCI’s 2.1% performance. We are outperforming the index with 4.7%, and the Morningstar Category with 5.4% since the turn of the year.
Given the lackluster performance of equity markets this year, Vector Flexible isn’t that far behind Navigator. With a return of 6.7% it is outperforming 92% of its competitors in the Flexible Allocation category (and the same is true for Vector Navigator).