- 15 OktQ3 Review
- 17 AugChinese crackdowns
- 22 JulVector 2021 Semi-Annual Review
- 25 JunWhy we still like value
- 25 Mai'Transitory' Inflation
- 22 AprReversal to the mean?
- 17 MärVector's take on sustainable finance
- 09 MärSustainability-related disclosures in the financial services sector (SFDR)
- 19 FebDavid versus Goliath: An analysis of 2020 stock market performance
- 30 DezVector 2020 Annual Review
- 20 NovFactor momentum
- 20 OktHow will the US elections influence your portfolio?
- 25 SepAre better times for quant investing on the horizon?
- 26 AugFama/French going through its biggest drawdown since 1963
- 17 JulVector 2020 Semi-Annual Review
- 25 JunA Look At Post-Corona Market Valuations
- 25 MaiUnprecedented times call for unprecedented measures...
- 23 AprVector's outlook on the Corona Crisis
- 13 MärMarket correction: sense or sentiment?
- 17 FebThe market and sector concentration
- 14 JanNotice to shareholders
- 31 DezVector 2019 Annual Review
- 17 DezFama/French going through its second biggest drawdown since 1963
- 15 NovThe Alpha Lifecycle
- 16 OktVector 2019 Q3 Review
- 10 SepA new prospectus
- 14 AugMarket Review: July
- 10 JulVector 2019 Semi-annual Review
- 14 JunAre factor premia disappearing?
- 21 MaiHow persistent is regional outperformance?
- 12 AprMarket recovery: sense or sentiment?
- 12 MärMarkets solidify recovery
- 12 FebStock Markets Rebound
- 31 DezVector 2018 Annual Review
- 14 Dez2019 (outrageous) predictions!
- 20 AugTemperatures and stock markets heat up
- 18 JulVector 2018 Semi-annual Review
- 14 JunDo exporters suffer during trade wars?
- 15 MaiStrong earnings put markets on the road to recovery
- 17 AprQ1 Overview
- 13 MärStock Markets: Episode VI: The return of volatility
- 02 MärVector wins Morningstar Germany and Belgium Awards!
- 22 FebVector Flexible wins De Tijd/L'Echo Awards for the third year in a row!
- 16 FebNavigator wins Morningstar France Award!
31 Aug 2017
While the stock market was off to a great start in 2017, showing gains of about 5.4% during the first quarter, prices have been slowly trending downwards ever since. The recent North-Korea related tensions and terrorist attacks in Spain did little to help investor sentiment. Consequently, August marked the fifth consecutive month of losses for a Euro-denominated MSCI All Countries index. Ever since reaching its top in March, this commonly used benchmark has lost more than 3% of its value. Admittedly, few people have lost a fortune, and the losses are driven to a greater extent by currency effects rather than by stock-price effects. After all, macroeconomic data isn’t looking too bad: GDP growth in Europe and Japan has been considerably higher than expected.
Vector Navigator has been outperforming during both the up and downswings this year, as illustrated in the below graph. Year-to-date our 100% equity fund has achieved a return of 6.8%, which compares well to the MSCI’s 2.1% performance. We are outperforming the index with 4.7%, and the Morningstar Category with 5.4% since the turn of the year.
Given the lackluster performance of equity markets this year, Vector Flexible isn’t that far behind Navigator. With a return of 6.7% it is outperforming 92% of its competitors in the Flexible Allocation category (and the same is true for Vector Navigator).