- 30 DecVector 2020 Annual Review
- 20 NovFactor momentum
- 20 OctHow will the US elections influence your portfolio?
- 25 SepAre better times for quant investing on the horizon?
- 26 AugFama/French going through its biggest drawdown since 1963
- 17 JulVector 2020 Semi-Annual Review
- 25 JunA Look At Post-Corona Market Valuations
- 25 MayUnprecedented times call for unprecedented measures...
- 23 AprVector's outlook on the Corona Crisis
- 13 MarMarket correction: sense or sentiment?
- 17 FebThe market and sector concentration
- 14 JanNotice to shareholders
- 31 DecVector 2019 Annual Review
- 17 DecFama/French going through its second biggest drawdown since 1963
- 15 NovThe Alpha Lifecycle
- 16 OctVector 2019 Q3 Review
- 10 SepA new prospectus
- 14 AugMarket Review: July
- 10 JulVector 2019 Semi-annual Review
- 14 JunAre factor premia disappearing?
- 21 MayHow persistent is regional outperformance?
- 12 AprMarket recovery: sense or sentiment?
- 12 MarMarkets solidify recovery
- 12 FebStock Markets Rebound
- 31 DecVector 2018 Annual Review
- 14 Dec2019 (outrageous) predictions!
- 20 AugTemperatures and stock markets heat up
- 18 JulVector 2018 Semi-annual Review
- 14 JunDo exporters suffer during trade wars?
- 15 MayStrong earnings put markets on the road to recovery
- 17 AprQ1 Overview
- 13 MarStock Markets: Episode VI: The return of volatility
- 02 MarVector wins Morningstar Germany and Belgium Awards!
- 22 FebVector Flexible wins De Tijd/L'Echo Awards for the third year in a row!
- 16 FebNavigator wins Morningstar France Award!
Vector funds win 4 Awards in 2016
11 Apr 2016
For fund managers, the early weeks of spring are usually spent while wandering away about being nominated for one of the annual Fund Awards. We have no reason to complain this year, since Vector was not only nominated, but won 4 awards issued by the Belgian financial press.
Vector Navigator and Vector Flexible were able to cash in on the “De Tijd / L’Echo” Fund Awards in both categories they had been nominated in (“Global Equity” and “Mixed funds with Flexible Risk”). The emphasis of this award is on consistency of returns through time (with a 5 year horizon). At Vector, consistency of performance is on the top of our list, so we’re very happy to have received these particular awards. It’s a very strong signal that we took the right steps 5 years ago.
A couple of days after De Tijd / L’Echo Awards, Vector Flexible was also able to win the Trends Fund Award for best mixed fund on a 1 year horizon.
Finally, as frosting on the cake, Vector Flexible received the Belgian Morningstar Award, for best Mixfund on a 5 year horizon. Since Morningstar only handed out 5 awards this year (as opposed to the usual 17), getting our hands on one of them was quite a challenge.
Altogether we are quite pleased with this result, considering we only have 2 categories to compete in. Remember that while in poker you have to be very lucky to make a "four of a kind" hand, it gets a lot easier when you start out with 2 aces. In asset management, however, you can choose your own aces and make your own luck - so ladies and gentlemen, place your bets...