- 31 DecVector 2021 Annual Review
- 15 OctQ3 Review
- 17 AugChinese crackdowns
- 22 JulVector 2021 Semi-Annual Review
- 25 JunWhy we still like value
- 25 May'Transitory' Inflation
- 22 AprReversal to the mean?
- 17 MarVector's take on sustainable finance
- 09 MarSustainability-related disclosures in the financial services sector (SFDR)
- 19 FebDavid versus Goliath: An analysis of 2020 stock market performance
- 30 DecVector 2020 Annual Review
- 20 NovFactor momentum
- 20 OctHow will the US elections influence your portfolio?
- 25 SepAre better times for quant investing on the horizon?
- 26 AugFama/French going through its biggest drawdown since 1963
- 17 JulVector 2020 Semi-Annual Review
- 25 JunA Look At Post-Corona Market Valuations
- 25 MayUnprecedented times call for unprecedented measures...
- 23 AprVector's outlook on the Corona Crisis
- 13 MarMarket correction: sense or sentiment?
- 17 FebThe market and sector concentration
- 14 JanNotice to shareholders
- 31 DecVector 2019 Annual Review
- 17 DecFama/French going through its second biggest drawdown since 1963
- 15 NovThe Alpha Lifecycle
- 16 OctVector 2019 Q3 Review
- 10 SepA new prospectus
- 14 AugMarket Review: July
- 10 JulVector 2019 Semi-annual Review
- 14 JunAre factor premia disappearing?
- 21 MayHow persistent is regional outperformance?
- 12 AprMarket recovery: sense or sentiment?
- 12 MarMarkets solidify recovery
- 12 FebStock Markets Rebound
- 31 DecVector 2018 Annual Review
- 14 Dec2019 (outrageous) predictions!
- 20 AugTemperatures and stock markets heat up
- 18 JulVector 2018 Semi-annual Review
- 14 JunDo exporters suffer during trade wars?
- 15 MayStrong earnings put markets on the road to recovery
- 17 AprQ1 Overview
- 13 MarStock Markets: Episode VI: The return of volatility
- 02 MarVector wins Morningstar Germany and Belgium Awards!
- 22 FebVector Flexible wins De Tijd/L'Echo Awards for the third year in a row!
- 16 FebNavigator wins Morningstar France Award!
21 Sep 2022
Global Equity markets ended august lower as hawkish central bankers together with data suggesting a cooling economy continued to shake investors confidence. While developed market equities ended the month about 3% lower, emerging markets were still slightly positive. All-in-all broad equity indices are down about 7% year-to-date as of the end of August, with little signs of improvement in September.
On the whole Vector Navigator had a very similar result as its benchmark index in August, ending the month 2.78% lower. Year-to-date the fund is down 2.66%, which compares favourably with its peers who are down 9.44% on average. The decision to increase the hedge within Vector Flexible - from about 45% in June to approximately 60% per end of August – has so far proved to be well timed. Flexible still shows a positive year-to-date return of 0.56%, beating 95% of its competitors by a wide margin of 10.04%.
Werner, Thierry & Nils