- 31 dec.Vector 2021 Annual Review
- 15 okt.Q3 Review
- 17 aug.Chinese crackdowns
- 22 jul.Vector 2021 Semi-Annual Review
- 25 jun.Why we still like value
- 25 mei'Transitory' Inflation
- 22 apr.Reversal to the mean?
- 17 mrt.Vector's take on sustainable finance
- 09 mrt.Sustainability-related disclosures in the financial services sector (SFDR)
- 19 feb.David versus Goliath: An analysis of 2020 stock market performance
- 30 dec.Vector 2020 Annual Review
- 20 nov.Factor momentum
- 20 okt.How will the US elections influence your portfolio?
- 25 sep.Are better times for quant investing on the horizon?
- 26 aug.Fama/French going through its biggest drawdown since 1963
- 17 jul.Vector 2020 Semi-Annual Review
- 25 jun.A Look At Post-Corona Market Valuations
- 25 meiUnprecedented times call for unprecedented measures...
- 23 apr.Vector's outlook on the Corona Crisis
- 13 mrt.Market correction: sense or sentiment?
- 17 feb.The market and sector concentration
- 14 jan.Notice to shareholders
- 31 dec.Vector 2019 Annual Review
- 17 dec.Fama/French going through its second biggest drawdown since 1963
- 15 nov.The Alpha Lifecycle
- 16 okt.Vector 2019 Q3 Review
- 10 sep.A new prospectus
- 14 aug.Market Review: July
- 10 jul.Vector 2019 Semi-annual Review
- 14 jun.Are factor premia disappearing?
- 21 meiHow persistent is regional outperformance?
- 12 apr.Market recovery: sense or sentiment?
- 12 mrt.Markets solidify recovery
- 12 feb.Stock Markets Rebound
- 31 dec.Vector 2018 Annual Review
- 14 dec.2019 (outrageous) predictions!
- 20 aug.Temperatures and stock markets heat up
- 18 jul.Vector 2018 Semi-annual Review
- 14 jun.Do exporters suffer during trade wars?
- 15 meiStrong earnings put markets on the road to recovery
- 17 apr.Q1 Overview
- 13 mrt.Stock Markets: Episode VI: The return of volatility
- 02 mrt.Vector wins Morningstar Germany and Belgium Awards!
- 22 feb.Vector Flexible wins De Tijd/L'Echo Awards for the third year in a row!
- 16 feb.Navigator wins Morningstar France Award!
Vector wins Morningstar Germany and Belgium Awards!
02 mrt. 2018
We had already mentioned in last month's newsletter that February would be a busy month for Vector as we had been nominated for quite a few Fund Awards. We are very glad to inform you that we were able to trade in most of these paper nominations for physical trophees!
Last Thursday Navigator was crowned 2018's best global equity fund by Morningstar Germany, where the fund was lauded as a multifactor-investing pioneer! Morningstar's analysts had the following to say about our flagship fund's strategy:
"The investment process is very systematic and quantitatively driven and based on the idea that you can collect risk premia. [The Fund] differentiates between fundamental factors such as quality, growth, value, size, earnings revisions and analyst opinions. Since 2008, technical factors, such as momentum, have been added to the model. The best way to understand this combination is that the question to buy the stock is dependant on fundamental factors and when to buy the stock is driven by behavioral factors."
They go on stating that this strategy generally works very well for our investors:
"With the exception of 2016, when [Navigator] landed in the 58th percentile of the global blend equity category, the fund ended up within the first quintile of its peer group every year since 2012"
We were also invited by the people of Morningstar Belgium. At the main event of the Belgian financial sector, the Trends/Morningstar Investment Summit, we were very grateful to receive the award for best allocation and for best global equity fund. Morningstar's analysts had the following to say about Vector Flexible:
"[Vector Flexible] uses a quant-based process that employs an in-house valuation model. This flexible allocation fund allocates amongst equity, bonds [note: currently we do not] and cash, but also aims to provide protection against falling markets. In four of the past five calendar years the realized return has been within or close to the upper decile within its category"
We will find out if these good result in the rest of Europe will be enough to take home the main prize on March 22nd when the Morningstar Luxembourg Awards are hosted.